Planned Service Outage Notification - February 12, 2011 09:00PM Pacific Time to 4:00AM Pacific Time
hank you for being a valued member of the GDH Community.
We are writing to alert you regarding important information related to an extensive upgrade that will be taking place within our network on February 12, 2011.
This upgrade will not only enhance the service that we provide to you, but will also enable you to join alongside us as we grow our footprint via IPv6 and IPv4 protocols.
In order to avoid disruption to your customers we are providing you with notice in advance of our upcoming maintenance window.
We have also planned the date for these upgrades carefully. February 12, 2011 falls under a Saturday night, which minimizes any possible disruption
due to these very important enhancements.
- Initial stages of Implementation of IPv6 Protocol onto the Network
- Upgrades to our Cisco 6509 Network Router
- Preparation for expansion to our secondary redundant Cisco 6500 Series Core Router
- Enhancements to our Network Switches in preparation for IPv6
- Preparation for additional Carrier additions: Hurricane Electric, AboveNET, Global Crossing
- BGP Blend Enhancements
We do expect downtime during this planned service outage as we will be upgrading the Cisco and changing our routes, the downtime is not expected to be constant throughout the whole service window.
We appreciate your understanding and thank you for being the most important part of GDH
Thanks and Regards,
Friday, February 11, 2011